DENTAL VENEERS IN NORTHLAKE, IL
Dental veneers are tooth-colored shells used to mask dental imperfections. They’re made of porcelain or composite resin. Porcelain veneers are overwhelmingly popular because of their stain resistance, durability, and outstanding aesthetics.
Our dentist in Northlake, IL may recommend dental veneers if you have discolored, chipped, misshapen, cracked, misaligned, or gap teeth. If you’re planning to transform your smile using veneers in Northlake, IL, please call Smiles of Northlake today.
Dental Veneers Application Process
It takes two to three dental visits to complete your dental veneers treatment. On your initial consultation, Dr. Mansi Mehta obtains sufficient information regarding your dental health to determine if veneers are right for you. The subsequent visits involve preparing your teeth and then placing the veneers.
Here’s what to expect during your visits:
- Treatment Planning: Our dentist near you performs a thorough dental examination to gather the information needed to create a personalized treatment plan. The dentist obtains intraoral images and dental x-rays at this point.
- Tooth Preparation: Mansi Mehta numbs your teeth and then removes a small portion of tooth enamel to make room for the veneers. The amount of tooth enamel removed is proportional to the width of the porcelain veneers.
- Dental Impressions. After trimming tooth enamel, the dentist obtains your dental impressions. This may be done digitally or manually using dental putty.
- Temporary Restorations. In the meantime, the dentist covers your reshaped teeth with temporary veneers. Temporary veneers protect your reshaped teeth and allow you to go about your daily activities without feeling self-conscious.
- Placement of Permanent Veneers. The dentist removes the temporary veneers and replaces them with permanent restorations. This happens during your final visit.
Conventional Vs. No-Prep Veneers
Conventional veneers near you require multiple dental visits and trimming of tooth enamel. In contrast, no-prep veneers require little to no tooth preparation and can be placed within a single visit.
No-prep veneers are a convenient alternative to conventional veneers. However, no-prep veneers aren’t ideal for every situation. Therefore, it would be best to discuss the pros and cons of each option with our dentist in Northlake, IL, before reaching a decision.
Revamp Your Smile
Do you need help revamping your smile? Contact Smiles of Northlake today to find out more about dental veneers near in Northlake, IL.