Partials and Full Dentures in Northlake, IL
A denture consists of pontic or replacement teeth supported by a gum-colored base. Partial dentures are ideal for individuals who have experienced tooth loss. If you’ve lost all your teeth, our dentist in Northlake, IL will likely recommend full dentures.
To find out if dentures suit your needs, please give Smiles of Northlake a call.
How Are Dentures Made?
It takes several weeks and multiple dental visits to get your custom partials and full dentures in Northlake, IL. The treatment process is as described below:
- Dr Mansi Mehta obtains your dental impressions to determine how your jaws fit together.
- Our dentist collaborates with the dental lab to create a series of wax models for you to try on. You may have to undergo multiple try-ins before the final restoration is made. The dental lab fabricates your final dentures only when the color, fit, and shape are determined to be a perfect fit.
- The dental lab creates your final dentures from your preferred materials. Dentures are made of porcelain, composite resin, acrylic, and acrylic resin.
- Dr Mansi Mehta hands over your dentures and shows you how to use them.
- If necessary, adjustments are made on an ongoing basis. It may take a few days or weeks to get used to your new dentures. We encourage patience during this period.
Caring For Your Dentures
With adequate care, dentures can last up to ten years, regardless of the material they’re made of. Our dentist near me recommends these denture care tips to help you safeguard your restorations’ longevity:
- Place a towel under your dentures when handling them. The towel ensures a soft landing in case the dentures slip out of your hands.
- Rinse your dentures after every meal.
- Use gentle dishwashing liquid or denture cleanser to clean your dentures daily.
- Brush your dentures with a soft-bristled denture brush to prevent staining and plaque build-up.
- Store your dentures in a container of water to keep them moist and prevent them from warping or drying out.
Schedule Your Visit
Missing teeth impede your chewing ability, speech and self-confidence. Restore your smile today using partials and full dentures near you. Call Smiles of Northlake to book your appointment.