Dental Crowns in Northlake, IL
A crown is a tooth-shaped cover for a damaged tooth. In Northlake, IL, dental crowns are made from a patient’s dental impressions and restore dental function and appearance. Crowns are fabricated from different materials, including metal alloys such as gold alloy, porcelain, porcelain fused to metal, composite resin, zirconia, and stainless steel.
If you’re struggling with functional and aesthetic dental concerns, we welcome you to schedule an appointment at Smiles of Northlake. Our dentist in Northlake, IL is well-versed in numerous cosmetic and restorative procedures and is well-positioned to let you know if dental crowns are fitting for you.
Reasons for Crowns
Dr. Mansi Mehta may recommend dental crowns near you for any of these reasons:
- To restore decayed teeth
- To support a large dental filling
- To cap a tooth implant
- To anchor a dental bridge
- To cover misshapen teeth
- To transform severely discolored teeth
Dental Crowns Treatment Process
Before recommending dental crowns, our dentist near me carefully evaluates you to understand the breadth of your dental care needs. We use advanced imaging technology to gather dental health insights hidden to the naked eye. If you’re a good candidate for dental crowns, our dentist schedules you for treatment, which involves the following steps:
- The dentist numbs the tooth and prepares the tooth to make room for the crown.
- After reshaping your tooth, the dentist obtains your dental impressions and sends these to the dental lab.
- In the meantime, Dr Mansi Mehta places a temporary crown to protect your tooth.
- On your next visit, our dentist will replace the temporary restoration with a permanent crown.
Typically, it takes two to three visits to get a conventional crown. We encourage going over all options with our dentist in Northlake, IL, before making your decision