How Long Does Invisalign Take to Fix Crowded Teeth?
There are many benefits of having straight teeth. Besides looking good, it is easier to brush and floss your teeth. Unfortunately, teeth crowding is caused by accidents, cleft lip, allergies, misaligned jaw, and poor dental care, among other problems. The good news is that you can go to the dentist who fixes Invisalign near you, and they will fix these clear aligners to correct your issue. Besides Invisalign braces being a discrete method of fixing teeth misalignment issues, it is a faster method when compared to traditional braces. So how long do these clear aligners take to fix crowded teeth?
What Is Dental Crowding?
Dental crowding is where you have misaligned or overlapping teeth that the dentist might call malocclusion. When you have overlapping teeth, there are no spaces between them, making it hard to remove food debris between teeth.
So, what are the signs of crowded teeth?
- You feel discomfort when chewing and biting.
- Crooked teeth.
- Difficulty when brushing and flossing your teeth.
- Your gums begin to bleed whenever your floss.
- Pain in your jaw.
What Are the Problems That Result from Having Crowded Teeth?
Crowded teeth can cause future problems to your mouth, gums, teeth, and overall health. One of the first things you will notice with having crowded teeth is that you will struggle with brushing and flossing. Plaque and bacterial growth will build up when this is the case, leading to oral diseases like gingivitis.
Here is a list of problems that arises from dental crowding:
- The trouble with biting and chewing food.
- Low self-esteem.
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction. (TMD)
- Periodontal or gum disease.
- Toothache and jaw pain.
- Poor alignment of lower and upper teeth.
- Speech problems like lisp.
Now that you know some of the problems that crowded teeth can cause, it is essential to look for a dentist who installs Invisalign in Northlake, IL.
How Can a Dentist Fix Crowded Teeth?
When you notice the above problems, you should visit the dentist office near me for a dental appointment. The dentist will take x-rays of your teeth and make impressions to determine the best treatment plan for your crowded teeth.
If your oral problem is not severe, the dentist will recommend Invisalign braces. Do these braces work for crowded teeth?
Yes, Invisalign aligners are effective in straightening crowded teeth. This technology corrects the crowding issue by pushing the teeth into proper alignment. The aligners move each tooth over time until there is no more overcrowding.
How Long Does Invisalign Take for Crowded Teeth?
If you have mild teeth crowding, the dentist will recommend you wear Invisalign braces for six months. On the other hand, if you have severe teeth crowding issues, the dentist will have to remove the teeth at the back of your mouth before installing the Invisalign braces. Removing the back teeth is important because it allows them to space out well during Invisalign treatment.
What Are the Benefits of Using Invisalign for Crowded Teeth?
Here are the main benefits of using Invisalign to treat crowded teeth:
- Better oral hygiene. The good thing about choosing Invisalign braces is that you can take them off whenever you want to eat and drink. On top of that, you can clean these clear aligners after every meal. So, Invisalign braces will create enough room for your teeth for better brushing and flossing for better oral hygiene.
- Improved smile. Crowded teeth can affect your perfect smile, but Invisalign braces will discreetly correct your crowded teeth. As a result, you will have a perfect smile in just a few months.
- They are removable appliances. Traditional braces cannot be removed, so you must wear them throughout treatment. If you feel any discomfort, you will have to visit the dentist’s office near you so that they can adjust the aligners. This is different from Invisalign braces. They are removable aligners, so you can remove them, clean and put them back. Although this is the case, the longer you wear them, the faster the results. So, dentists recommend wearing Invisalign braces at least 20-22 hours a day.
So, don’t let overcrowded teeth sabotage your dental health and self-esteem; head to Smiles of Northlake, and our dentist will examine your teeth and recommend the most suitable treatment option.